Dinesh K. Ahluwalia
CLU, ChFC, CLF
24 Year Chronicle of Success Driving Benchmark – Setting Growth and Expansion for New York Life Insurance Company. P & L Management. Recruiting. Sales and Business Development. Budgeting and Expense Control. Strategic and Market Planning. Presentations and Training. Staff Development, Motivation and Retention.
• Senior entrepreneurial executive with 24 years’ experience in recruiting, managing sales, marketing, operations, personnel.
• Strong leader with motivational management style and reputation for attracting and retaining highly motivated managers and sales representatives.
• Results orientated achiever with excellent track record for identifying opportunities for accelerated growth.
Currently: Retired Since December 2008
Managing Partner, New York Life Insurance and New York Life Securities, El Paso, Texas – 79922 USA (November 2003 – 2008)
• Won the most prestigious national trophy (President’s Trophy) as the #1 Office amongst the 120 Branches of New York Life attaining 42 % growth in total premiums amongst all lines of business.
• Won the Life Trophy as the office with the highest percentage of life premium growth.
• Was rated #1 Office nationally with a perfect score of 4.0 GPA (Growth Profit Accountability).
Senior Partner, New York Life Insurance and New York Life Securities, Manhattan, New York – 10019 USA (August 2000 – November 2003)
• Was ranked #1 Senior Partner nationally with the highest GPA consecutively for 2001, 2002 and the year of 2003.
• Achieved Retention Rate of 67.3%
Partner, New York Life Insurance and New York Life Securities, Manhattan, New York – 10019 USA (March 1996 – August 2001)
• Was ranked in the TOP 25 Partners amongst 400 + partners nationwide for three consecutive years 1997, 1998 and 1999.
Agent, New York Life Insurance and New York Life Securities, Manhattan, New York – 10019 USA (September 1985 – March 1996)
• Achieved Million Dollar Round Table status in the first full year of production in 1986 (was ranked amongst the TOP 5 % agents in the world)
• Achieved Million Dollar Round Table for TEN years consecutively and achieved Life Member MDRT status.
• Achieved every year industry’s most recognized awards while in sales
a) National Sales Achievement Award
b) National Quality Award
• Was ranked in the TOP 1 % leading Life Case Writers amongst 10,000 Agents nationwide for 10 Consecutive Years.
• Sold more than 1900 individual life policies during the sales career spanning 10 years and 6 months.
Educational & Professional Designations
• Chartered Life Underwriter – American College, Brwyn Mawr, Pennsylvania
• Chartered Leadership Fellow – American College, Brwyn Mawr, Pennsylvania
• Chartered Financial Consultant – American College, Brwyn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Proficient in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Greek & Spanish.
Member NAIFA (National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors) for 24 years
Chairperson for Membership Drive of NAIFA in New York City for 2 years
• Increased membership by 21% during those 2 years.
Chairperson for Political Action Committee for NAIFA for 2 years in New York City
• Increased contributions by 15% during those 2 years
Served on MPAC (Managing Partners Advisory Council) for 2 years in New York City.
• Was a liaison between the Field Force and the Home Office
1. Recruiting, Lifeblood of Agency System – Objectives and Strategies.
1) Strategic Plan, Objectives and Implementation
2) Warm Source Recruiting
3) Different Sources and ways of Recruiting
4) Selection Process
5) Maximizing the New Agent’s Production Potential
6) Key to Retention
2. Developing Your Managers from Good to Great
1) Developing Managers to create a Winning Culture
2) Creating and Expanding their Vision & Thought Process
3) Implementation of Annual Plan in Bite Size Pieces
4) Growth, Profit and Accountability
3. Dream, Conversation and Language To Create a Culture of Success
1) Using Language to Develop Agents
2) Individual Instruction and Drill
3) Group Setting Instructions
4) Steps and Plan for building Successful Agents
5) Planned Strategies for Market Development
4. Planning and Implementation To Score Touchdowns
This is like an all-day Seminar/Boot camp which includes all
1) Recruiting Agents
2) Recruiting Managers
3) Annual Plan broken into smaller pieces
4) Support Mechanisms
5) Confidence and Esteem Builders for your Team
6) Joint work between Team Members